Lansing Makers Network was conceived at a January, 2012 meeting of High Impedance Air Gap around a discussion of creating a makerspace/hackerspace in the greater Lansing area. Following that meeting we continued to meet, developed a mission statement and formalized the organization that would be responsible for creating the space. Lansing Makers Network strives to connect people with the impressive number of groups in the area as well as providing a “melting pot” for these groups to come together.
- January 11th, 2012: Initial meeting at Gunnisonville Elementary
- March 14th, 2012: Filed with State of Michigan as Nonprofit Corporation
- March 16th, 2012: Initial Board of Directors Named
- April 23rd, 2012: Bylaws adopted
- May 8th, 2012: First officers elected
- July 28-29th, 2012: LMN’s first MakerFaire Detroit
- May 24th, 2013: Moved into our first space in the Temple Club Building
- July 23rd, 2014: Lansing Makers Network receives IRS 501(c)3 designation as a non-profit organization
- Dec, 2015: Moved locations into the former Leaseway building.